1.10.2012

Bumped, Divas, Milkshakes & Some Stories from Sibylla Nash

Today, I'm interviewing Sibylla Nash about her book Bumped (http://www.amazon.com/Bumped-Sibylla-Nash/dp/0970170637/). Sibylla graduated with a degree in journalism from USC and has written for a variety of newspapers and magazines. She also is author of Baby Modeling & Beyond: From the Stroller to the Red Carpet, a parent’s guide to getting their children into modeling and acting.

Robert Stanek: Hi, Sibylla, please tell me about why you became a writer.

Sibylla Nash: Such a great opportunity, thanks so much, Robert!

I've always been an avid reader. I fell in love with so many stories and lived vicariously through so many pages, at some point it translated into me wanting to tell my own stories. Stories only I could tell. I remember pecking away on a typewriter and being oh so happy when that first box shaped Mac came out.  It was like word processing hallelujah, no more white out strips!

Before we get into your book, what can you tell me about Divaluscious. Sounds scrumptious, and fun.

Divaluscious is an online lifestyle magazine for creative moms. You can find the magazine online at http://divaluscious.com/.

Divaluscious is designed to fill the void between the feeding and nurturing of your child and the feeding and nurturing of your creative or entrepreneurial endeavors.

Love your biography on Amazon, particularly three things you probably couldn't guess about me (and it would be really weird if you did).

*grins*

1. I love watching true crime shows and will challenge anyone to test their Snapped trivia knowledge.

2. I love milkshakes.

3. I eat breakfast for dinner quite often.

Bumped is your new book. Tell me about the book and the story's hero.

Bumped came out in August 2011.  It's my second novel.  Bumped asks the question, how well do we really know our loved ones?  It was a work in progress many years and it was borne out of watching time and time again when wives of famous men would have to stand by their man in the face of scandal and infidelity. Bumped is that inside look of what happens when the cameras aren't rolling.

Elle Nixon seems to have the perfect life. As a music PR maven and party girl on the L.A. social scene, she attends the hottest parties and has a roster of artists that reads like the who’s who of Billboard magazine. Her upwardly mobile-bound boyfriend lavishes her with plenty of gifts and attention until he disappears. Add an unplanned pregnancy to the mix and suddenly, it’s not so fun anymore to be Elle Nixon.



Thanks, Sibylla, for stopping by.

Thank you, Robert.

1 comment: